Furniture Stripping Ballpark Quick Quote Pricing
Water Handling Requirements : Furniture Stripping Gallery
We will strip your furniture items for you! Our cutting edge quality furniture stripping process can be applied to items that we strip for you to refinsh yourselves. Here is some APPROXIMATE pricing for many common items.
PRICING IS FOR STANDARD VARNISH OR LACQUER ONLY
HIGHER PRICES FOR CATALYZED LACQUER, POLYURETHANE, OR PAINT
See "level of effort" notice at bottom
Charges do NOT include any sanding or re-assembly.
See "Stripping Only Guidelines below"
STRIPPING SERVICES ARE OFFERED FOR THE DIY REFINISHER.
STRIPPING IS PERFORMED IN BATCHES WITH EACH BATCH TAKING 4-6 WEEKS.
Bradley kitchen chair Trimble rocker
FOR SINGLE ITEMS
|Chair - dining style w/pad seat||$125|
| Chair - kitchen style
|Rocker - small or child||$150|
|Rocker - medium / large||$175|
|Piano Bench / Stool||$200|
|End table w/dwr||$200|
|Enclosed stand w/door||$300|
|One piece no leaves or slides||$450|
|Table w/drop leaf ends||$600|
|Table w/slide system||$600|
|Table w/slides & drop leafs||$700|
|a Small 1-3 Door/Drawer||$300|
|b Medium 4-6 Drawer/Door||$500|
|c Large 7-10 Drawer/Door||$800|
|d Vanity with Mirror||$900|
|e Desk Secretary base only||$900|
|Buffet Top Open Hutch||$900|
|Buffet Base Serving||$900|
|Buffet/China Top Enclosed||$1200|
|Hoosier Cabinet Top/Btm||$1000|
|a 1/2 Sized 3-4 drawer||$500|
|b 3/4 Sized 7 drawer||$700|
|c Office Type 7 drawer G4S||$1000|
|Cedar All Lumber||$450|
|Cedar with veneer||$500|
| Cabinet doors:
assumes 8 or more
|Cabinet door 1s 2s||$75|
|Bed HB or FB&SRs - large/tall||$500|
|Bed HB or FB&SRs||$400|
|Tea Cart w/tray or drop leaves||$500|
To see gallery photos of Furniture Stripping results click here.
Want a bid to strip your finish?
If you have a digital camera, why don't you submit a bid request?
Take a picture from the front also showing a side, then take a picture from the back also showing the other side. Take a close up of any details or repairs needed. It is that simple.
Email them to us using the form on our Contact Us page and be sure to include your city, state and zip.
Start your Subject Line with FINISH STRIP BID INQUIRY.
STRIPPING ONLY POLICIES:
STRIPPING CHEMICAL CHARGES are based on item, number of coats of finish, re-usability of chemicals after stripping, and amount of hazardous waste required to be handled and safely disposed of.
STRIPPING SERVICE OF STANDARD FINISHES is to remove original varnish or lacquer using methylene chloride chemicals to the degree to which the existing finish can be removed under normal circumstances. Our success rate is very high.
- Original varnish or lacquer and oil stains remove rather fully. Dye stains remove irregularly.
STRIPPING SERVICE OF SPECIAL FINISHES is to remove other finishes with a "level of effort" that should end in good results, but can't be guaranteed. Such finishes include polyurethane, antiquing kits, paints, and catalyzed finishes.The success rate is high; but maybe with an additional round of stripping, depending on whether the new finish is to be stain or non-transparent like paint or glaze.
THE UPCHARGE IS TYPICALLY 33% TO 50% OF ABOVE CHARTS TOTAL COST FOR THAT ITEM.
- Other finishes include polyurethane, oil paint, latex paint, catalyzed finishes that remove irregularly and to varying degrees.
- IF additional work might be required, the client should decide after inspecting the first round of stripping results.
- Some items, as appropriate, are partially disassembled removing case backs, doors, table slides, etc and left that way.
- After stripping the item should be dried for at least 5 days before sanding.
- Sanding should be performed wearing a dust particle mask for personal safety.
STRIPPING SYSTEM: Our cutting edge system involves several steps:
- Our system is the most technologically advanced in the greater MidWest. See "Our Stripping Process" tab at top of this page.
Hardware is removed and bagged for return to you (we do NOT reinstall hardware after stripping only projects).
- Selected items are partially disassembled for proper stripping, to include removing backs, doors, etc. If a dining table, the slide system is removed for safe handling.
- All surfaces are chemically stripped of the existing finish and stain to the degree the wood allows, using our flow-over system that does not damage wood, veneer, or glue as severly as other methods.
- All surfaces are power water rinsed to remove finish and stripper residue and to neutralize the chemicals.
- Item is put in an enclosed room with exhaust fan for 5 days of air-drying after stripping.
Those who are or rmay be pregnant should not strip or sand stripped items.
REFINISHING SERVICES: <optional>
- We sand, stain, spray lacquer seal, scuff, faux treat blemishes, and spray final top coats.
- Includes final reassembly and fitting. Hardware is cleaned and clear coated.
- Using standard stains our stripping and refinishing usually runs 3 to 5 times the cost to Strip Only depending on the item.
- Finishing To Match for color, darkness, and sheen requires additional costs.
The entire website/s of www.TheWoodWorksInc.com and www.TheWWs.com and www.TheMovingClaims.com are copyrighted and should not be used by others in the trade in any form without explicit written permission.