Wood Furniture Refinishing and Restoration Gallery
When you want an item or keepsake restored to the "Wow" factor! We do it right the first time and every time.
Finish stripping removal, hand sanding, stain color and sheen matching using proper facility, equipment, and expert staff.
Also review "Gallery by Furniture Type" to see items by classification such as Bed, Desk, Chairs, Rockers, etc.
STRIPPING SYSTEM: Our cutting edge system involves several steps:
- Hardware is removed and bagged. With refinishing it is cleaned and clear coated.
- Selected items are partially disassembled for proper stripping, to include removing backs, doors, etc. If a dining table, the slide system is removed for safe handling.
- All surfaces are chemically stripped of the existing finish and stain to degree wood allows, using the flow-over system that does not damage wood, veneer, or glue.
- All surfaces are power water rinsed to remove finish and stripper residue and to neutralize the chemicals.
- Item is put in an enclosed room with exhaust fan for 5 days of air-drying.
STANDARD FINISHES of original varnish or lacquer are stripped using methylene chloride chemicals. Original varnish or lacquer and stain remove fully. Dye stains remove irregularly.
SPECIAL FINISHES of polyurethane, oil paint, latex paint, catalyzed finishes remove irregularly and to varying degrees. Initially they are stripped with surcharges as a “level of effort” that should end in good results, but can’t be guaranteed.
IF additional work might be required, the client should decide after inspecting the first round results. Additional charges may apply.
FINISHING: We sand for raised grain, stain, spray lacquer seal, scuff, faux treat blemishes, and spray final acrylic lacquer top-coats usually to satin sheen.
Scratches, gouges, dents will improve but not disappear.
Includes final reassembly and fitting. Hardware is cleaned and clear coated.
Using STANDARD STAINS our stripping and refinishing usually runs 3 to 5 times the cost to Strip Only depending on the item.
FINISHING-TO-MATCH for color, darkness, and sheen requires additional costs.
The entire website/s of www.TheWoodWorksInc.com and www.TheWWs.com and www.TheMovingClaims.com are copyrighted and should not be used by others in the trade in any form without explicit written permission.