Kitchen Refinishing Options To Save Cost
Refacing Estimates : Refacing Photos : Cabinet Hinges For Refacing
THIS IS THE ADVISABLE ALTERNATIVE
TO TOO COSTLY KITCHEN REFACING
For kitchen refacing are there even lower investment options? YES including retaining the cabinets with new doors and drawers and/or refinishing the existing IF you do NOT have to change the color or darkness. Then, it is called "Kitchen Refinishing".
The REAL cost savings can come from “sweat equity” where the home owner performs DIY tasks such as taking down the doors and removing/replacing all hardware reusing the same hinges or exact new replacements.
Kitchen Refacing involves replacing your doors with their hinges, drawer fronts on existing boxes, covering the exterior fronts and ends of your cabinet cases with real wood veneer or a lesser alternative , and trimming out everything properly. In the process the cabinets take on a totally new look, and in the process you can change your wood choice (like from birch to oak) and your stain color and darkness to any of 18 options. Of course it would be nice, but we recognize that Kitchen Refacing still has a significant cost, even if Kitchen Refacing is much less of an investment than full cabinet replacement.
The options start with keeping your current cabinet wood, color and darkness. Then, with our expert guidance the homeowner can invest some “sweat equity”. The cabinet cases can be cleaned, touched up by you or us, and then you can apply a fresh coat of finish to make the cases look good. In the meantime, we will rework the doors and drawer fronts.
- New Doors & Drawer Fronts to Match Existing: The doors and drawer fronts can all be replaced with new more modern style and top quality ones, and still be custom finished by us to match/blind best practical to your cabinet cases, again with our quality finishing processes.
- Existing Doors & Drawer Fronts Stripped and Refinished: The existing quality doors and drawer fronts can be stripped and refinished by us to match your cabinet cases best practical, all done with our normal fine furniture stripping and refinishing processes, recognizing new finish/old finish.
- Existing Doors & Drawer Fronts Cleaned, Touched Up and Recoated: IF your doors and drawers are not in too bad a shape, we can clean and touch them up before spraying a quality top coat of new finish.
- New Doors & Drawer Fronts in Paint Grade: Finally, you could decide to paint your cabinet cases, and we can supply new quality spray painted doors and drawers.
- = All options assume drawer fronts can be removed from drawer boxes. In Standard stains and darknesses.
Sweat Equity Options
*Per Door or Drawer
|Doors & Drawer Fronts||Spray Finishing To Match Cases||Total by
The Wood Works Inc
| Cabinet Cases
& End Panels
|1. New Stain Grade|| New
|$60-75||$135 to $165||By client
|2. Existing Stripped and Refinished||S&R
|$60-75||$120 to $150||By client||By client|
|3. Existing Touched Up & Respray|| TU&RS
|$70 to $120||By client||By client|
|4. New Paint Grade***||New
|$135 to $165||By client||By client|
* = Average size typical kitchen door and drawer with tall pantry doors counting twice.
** = Assumes "standard" wood stain colors and darkness.
Difficult "color matching" may have a $150-$300 one time upcharge.
*** = Assumes you supply needed oil paint, or we have mixed to match by paint copy expert for $150-$250 one time upcharge.
**** = Key is same exact style/screw spacing for new hinges, as with new handles.
The entire website/s of www.TheWoodWorksInc.com and www.TheWWs.com and www.TheMovingClaims.com are copyrighted and should not be used by others in the trade in any form without explicit written permission.