Oven Drawer Resize Modification for Taller Oven
New oven installations often require the drawer below to be resized to a shorter height. We rebuild the drawer front and the drawer box to save the drawer and the kitchen!
Nationwide via pack-and-ship services.
Drawer Box/DBH: Use shortest height = SOH rounded down to 1/8’s, deduct 1” box drawer box clearance and slide system connection. That is new drawer box height DBH.
After removing drawer front from drawer box, which is usually glued and stapled together, ruining the front panel of the box, zip the existing box height down to DBH. Likely requires removing and reattaching slide system back to same location. Likely requires replacing box’s front panel with ½” plywood.
Drawer Front DFH: Use tallest height = TOH, rounded up to 1/8’s, add 1” for front overlap of frame to include ½” on top and ½” on bottom to new DFH.
- Remove the handles. Drilling new handle holes is in bid. Concealing old holes, if required, not in bid.
- Remove the waste of the drawer box front panel from back of drawer front.
- The drawer front is presumed to be lumber and likely raised panel.
- Table saw rip the existing drawer front height down to DFH taking care to deal with old handle hole locations.
- Standard option: square butt edge goes to bottom, has edges sanded, and stain applied to blend.
- Match option: reproduce drawer front shape on newly machined bottom edge. Recreate finish to blend.
- Bid Add-on: as required based on difficulty and stain color/darkness.
Need accurate height of opening at left, center, and right. Home owner’s responsibility.
Opening height = left____ center_____ right _____ to 1/8s or 1/16s
Shortest Opening Height 1/8” SOH = _____SOH
Drawer Box Height is SOH less 1” = _____DBH
Particle Board box front removal & replacement $50.
Existing removable & re-usable plywood = no charge.
Tallest Opening Height 1/8” TOH = _____TOH
Drawer Front Height is TOH plus1" = _____DFH
Standard Option = square butt sanded and stained only.
Match Option = recreate drawer front outside edge shapes & color as “practical”
Reassemble: Newly sized drawer front extending down from bottom of drawer box by ½” and extending up over cabinet rail by ½” with clearance required.
$150/300 with standard square butt bottom edge option, nothing unusual, including difficulty getting existing drawer front off the exisitng box.
$300/450 for match raised panel bottom edge option with finish to blend.
See Examples of Previous Projects in the Door & Drawer Repair Gallery
WANT A BID? A picture is worth a thousand words!
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION AND A COUPLE OF PHOTOS:
Send us an email and attach your photos. Remember to include your question or description of your problem.
Please include in your email:• Name
• Email Address
• Billing Address
• City, State, Zip Code
• Daytime Telephone
• Alternate Telephone
• Question or Description of your problem
Note: Please attach photos to your email. Do not Copy & Paste them into the body of the email. We will not see them.
WHEN TAKING PHOTOS OF YOUR ITEM FOR YOUR EMAIL INQUIRY:
- Have good lighting and move closer to the item. Folks tend to stand too far away.
- Mark the damages or special aspects with something like masking tape.
- Take an overall photo of the whole item. For example, the dining table.
- Take a close-up photo of any special areas. For example, the gouge to the top.
- Take photos from various angles. For example, from the left and from the right or from opposite side of table since light reflection "plays tricks".
FOR DOORS OR DRAWERS:
Take a picture from the front also showing a side, then take a picture from the back also showing the other side.
Take a close up of any details or repairs needed. It is that simple.
UPS shipments are gladly received for such repairs. 2-4 week turn around.
Use your friendly Brown or Kinko store to pack and ship.
We'll call you with final bid and likely pay return shipping if your carton is reusable.
Ask us about custom woodworking, wood furniture replacement parts, new cabinet doors and drawers and exterior wood shutters. We also have cabinet door appliance panel kits for dish washers, trash compactors and refrigerators.
Thank you for visiting The Wood Works Inc . com!
The entire website/s of www.TheWoodWorksInc.com and www.TheWWs.com and www.TheMovingClaims.com are copyrighted and should not be used by others in the trade in any form without explicit written permission.